Our clientele are located throughout the Santa Cruz Mountains and foothills and span the counties of San Mateo, Santa Clara, and Santa Cruz. They range from long time wine aficionados to newcomers with emerging passions for wines and vineyards. Regardless of different experiences, tastes, and preferences, our clients all share a common desire to enrich their properties with beautifully landscaped estate vineyards. Some enjoy their vineyards for the aesthetics; others continue the enjoyment with wines made from their homegrown grapes. Coastal Range Vineyards welcomes all levels of client involvement and is eager to help train and educate budding growers and winemakers.
- Dig soil pits and collect samples for lab analyses
- Determine nutritional requirements and soil amendments
- Variety and clonal selection based upon owner preferences and site location parameters
- One-year old vines are grafted onto a rootstock to maximize success. Rootstock selection is based on soil conditions, microclimate, and trellis design and spacing.
- Locate desired planting stock from one of many specialized nurseries throughout California
Vineyard Design and Layout
- Create design and specifications that take the following parameters into consideration:
- Sun exposure
- Maximizing row length, crop yield, and quality
- Existing drainage
- Management efficiency
- Transcribe vineyard specs onto proposed site to ensure accuracy and efficient installation
Irrigation System Installation